Thursday, June 17, 2021

GODDAMMIT CARDALE!!! XFL (Jr) Week 4 Preview

DC Defenders quarterback Cardale Jones warms up before his XFL football game against the LA Wildcats at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.

It was only meant to be a joke. Last week, I picked the Defenders over the Wildcats because DC was supposed to be the second best team in the league while LA was winless. Up to that point, I didn't pick them to win because I didn't believe in Cardale Jones. So for last week, I chose them to win a easy game and JOKED that he will throw 4 interceptions and get blown out by 30 as soon as I started believing in him. Don't believe me? Here, see for yourself:
 When I first started this XFL (II) preview segment, I didn't trust Cardale Jones based on him flaming out of the NFL as a benchwarmer. Then for Week 2, I STILL didn't trust him despite his nice game against the Dragons because I thought Matt McGloin of all people was a better QB (Thanks alot for being the "1" in 3-1 you whiny jackass). So, with this Week 3 matchup against the Wildcats, I'm gonna put my faith in the XFL's leading passer (Watch him throw 4 interceptions, fumble twice and get blown out by 30).
He didn't fumble twice, but he really shat the bed just like I said. Let's take a look shall we?

1st INT
2nd INT
FUMBLE
3rd INT
4th INT
FINAL
And that's how you go 3-1 two weeks in a row.

THE GAMES

2020 XFL season week 4 Los Angeles Wildcats vs New York Guardians
LA WILDCATS      28
NY GUARDIANS   17

It's a toss up between a team that doesn't score much vs a team that lit up the scoreboard in the previous game. I take my chances with the Wildcats.

2020 XFL season week 4 Seattle Dragons vs St. Louis Battlehawks
SEATTLE DRAGONS             21
ST. LOUIS BATTLEHAWKS   27

I go with the BattleHawks to continue their home win streak at the Dome. 

2020 XFL season week 4 Houston Texans vs Dallas Renegades
HOUSTON ROUGHNECKS    34
DALLAS RENEGADES           31

It's not surprising that they're hyping this up as a rivalry game considering the history between H-Town and Big D (by way of Arlington). I don't think it will be a blowout, but I'm going with the Roughnecks on this one despite the scare last week in Tampa.

2020 XFL season week 4 DC Defenders vs Tampa Bay Vipers
DC DEFENDERS          24
TAMPA BAY VIPERS     7

Even though they got their asses kicked last week, certainly that won't happen against a SECOND winless team right? RIGHT!?!

LAST WEEK: 3-1
OVERALL:     6-6

No comments:

Post a Comment