Thursday, February 2, 2023

I Hate This Goddamn Laptop! NFL Pro Bowl Preview

2023 NFL Pro Bowl Gateway meme

There are so many things I could talk about in this Pro Bowl preview.
  • I could talk about Tom Brady retiring...again, while Robert Kraft wants him back.
  • I could talk about the Arena Football League being revived...again...again.
  • I could talk about Sean Payton being traded to the Broncos for 3 draft picks.
  • I could talk about former Texans LB DeMeco Ryans returning there as head coach.
  • I could talk about how the NFL is rigged as Arian Foster explains how they do it. 
  • I could talk about how after players demanded all NFL teams switch to natural grass like in soccer, the Titans are switching from grass to fake grass due to leading the league in lower body injuries the past few seasons.
  • I could mock the Niners for wanting the NFL to bail them out with an emergency QB after their 3rd and 4th QB went down.
  • I could laugh at how the Pro Bowl is so pointless, exiled QB Derek Carr and Tyler Huntley with his 2 passing TDs will play in the flag football game as alternatives.
  • I could continue the Pro Bowl preview tradition of talking about Madden. Or I should say, how I feel NFL2K is better than Madden.
Instead, I'm gonna bitch some more about this goddamn "laptop" I'm saddled with.

Last week, my laptop of 4 years (apparently, they only have a lifespan of 3 to 5 years) stopped working and I needed a new one fast. Without much research, I brought this piece of shit with malfunction Wi-Fi that would stop working when it wakes up from sleep mode. At first, I regretted not getting one that had an ethernet port, but it turns out that laptops nowadays don't come with one or a cd drive since they're slimmer and lighter than before. So yeah, they're basically bigger, more expensive tablets now. That's more annoying than Nascar banning wall rides.

So, it looks like I'm gonna buy a desktop computer for the first time in the future. I always used a laptop because it's more convenient, portable and takes up less room than desktop. But since newer laptops are basically glorified tablets, I rather as well get a desktop computer since access to a wired connection is a must have for me. I saw a refurbished one for $130 that had the screen, keyboard, mouse and 1TB tower. Maybe I'll get that by the end of the month. At least I figured out the WiFi issue. I just changed the setting to leave it on at all times. They won't shutup about how it would hurt the battery life, but the battery always sucked on laptops.

Anyways, I got the AFC winning 34-31 even though they scraped the bottom of the barrel for their QBs. My God, this game became so irrelevant since they moved it before the Super Bowl and out of Hawaii. The dodgeball event is the only one that I care about watching clips of.


LAST WEEK  1-1
PLAYOFFS    9-3

No comments:

Post a Comment