Friday, July 1, 2022

This Is The Closest These Players Will Get To The Hall Of Fame. USFL Championship Preview

Philadelphia Stars vs Birmingham Stallions for the USFL championship

Canton is hosting the USFL playoffs and the championship game will be Sunday night. Maybe it's because I never really paid attention to it but Tom Benson Hall Of Fame Stadium is booked year-round! Various high schools and colleges have played there including the Canton McKinley Bulldogs who have made the stadium home since it opened as Fawcett Stadium. Other events scheduled this year include the WFA championship games, Freedom Bowl, Black College Football Hall Of Fame Classic, NFL HOF Game and Dave Chappelle In Your Dreams Tour.

Speaking of hall of fames, I'll say this is the closest these players will get to the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. Outside of the museum getting Birmingham Stallion Victor Bolden Jr's gloves after returning a kickoff for a TD in their win against the Breakers, I don't see any of these players getting enshrined into the HOF. Depending on how long this league lasts, there's gonna be more things that's important to the history of football that will get displayed but I don't expect any player busts from these guys. I will elaborate in full next week for the end of season review.

THE BIG GAME

USFL 2022 Championship Birmingham Stallions vs Philadelphia Stars
Birmingham Stallions  27
Philadelphia Stars        24

I was a fool. A FOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL for turning on my original championship game prognostication and selecting the Generals to beat the Stars last week. That's what I get for being tempted by the hot team instead of sticking with my gut. With that said, I choose the Stallions to win. I could go in on stats and history but I'm saving all my effort for the next 2 posts. 

LAST WEEK    1-1
OVERALL      31-11

No comments:

Post a Comment