Thursday, April 21, 2022

USFL RB Cut Over Wanting Pizza Instead Of Chicken Salad? USFL Week 2 Preview

De'Veon Smith cut from Pittsburgh Maulers


There were plenty of things to talk about opening weekend of the USFL. Like how they moved a game from Sunday night to Monday without warning. Or how they had a decent crowd on Saturday night but the stands was empty for the other three games like they was playing pandemic football in California. Or how the players hated the ball. Or how the play on the field was like the XFL and other spring leagues before them. It's better quality than European football but it's clear why these guys are not in the NFL. But the main headline was RB De'Veon Smith getting cut by the Pittsburgh Maulers because he wanted pizza instead of chicken salad.

I had chicken salad once and I didn't like it. It had lettuce, croutons, cold chicken pieces and some stringy stuff in it. I didn't know there was another version with mayonnaise in it and FUCK THAT! I barely tolerate mayo on chicken sandwiches, why the hell would I want my chicken smothered in that crap? So apparently De'Veon "disrespected" whoever served it to him and he was cut over it by some dipshit wannabe hardass coach. These kind of coaches annoy the hell out of me and more often than not, they suck ass as a coach. It looks like they just wanted a reason to get rid of him so they can save some extra money. It also may have been done just to stir up drama and get attention for this scrub ass league. Anyways, on to the predictions!

THE GAMES

USFL week 2 Michigan Panthers vs New Jersey Generals
Michigan Panthers       15
New Jersey Generals   20

What a great way to kick off week 2 by playing 2 games with winless teams then play the undefeated bowls afterwards. I got burned making my picks based on who I heard of last week going 1-3. I would look up Generals QB Luis Perez's stats but the USFL doesn't have a stats page on their site. Like, you can go to any sports website builder and the stats page comes with it! So how the hell the USFL, which is managed by a billion dollar corporation, go without one?


USFL week 2 Pittsburgh Maulers vs Philadelphia Stars

Pittsburgh Maulers    3
Philadelphia Stars    35

Fuck Kirby Wilson. I'm gonna pick against this idiot who started the game with 7 runs after cutting his best RB over pizza. And I hope De'Veon get a sponsorship out of this!

USFL week 2 Birmingham Stallions vs Houston Gamblers
Birmingham Stallions   16
Houston Gamblers        10

I don't know if this will be the only game with fans since we're past Easter and the Alabama Spring Game but it was wild that not even friends and family of the players showed up to watch the other games. General admission is $10 with premium seating at $25. Not even bored people with nothing to do or kids who sneak in to stadiums showed up to watch the games. WOW! 


USFL Week 2 New Orleans Breakers vs Tampa Bay Bandits
New Orleans Breakers   25
Tampa Bay Bandits        27

I heard Bandits QB Jordan Ta'amu had a nice day. I wouldn't know since I didn't watch the game. But until something drastic happens, I'm gonna keep picking him to win.

LAST WEEK 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment